Kibworth Joint Burial Board
Clerk - Sara Barrett
Telephone: 07519 003206 Email: email@example.com
Kibworth Joint Burial Board has recently undertaken a significant memorial safety inspection at the cemetery. This is in order to ensure the safety of those using and working at the cemetery..
The Joint Burial Board was first formed in 1892 and currently comprises upto seven members, being four Councillors from Kibworth Beauchamp and three from Kibworth Harcourt.
The JBB meets bi-monthly to approve memorials that are put forward and to recommend any expenditure for the upkeep of the ground, as well as dealing with any matters that may arise.
Following new audit regulations, both parish councils were advised in 2017 that joint committees holding bank accounts, assets and employing separate clerks, were no longer permitted. Following elections in May 2019, processes were set in motion to draw up a Memorandum of Understanding that set about moving all assets, bank accounts for joint burials to be the responsibility of Kibworth Harcourt Parish Council, but with representatives of Kibworth Beauchamp Parish Council helping to make decisions about joint burial and cemetery priorities. The new arrangements took effect on 1 April 2020 and the name of the committee changed to the Kibworth Joint Burial Board.
The Joint Burial Board comprises representatives from Kibworth Beauchamp Parish Council (May 2021 - currently Councillors Andrew Munro and Caroline Pitcher), and from Kibworth Harcourt Parish Council (Councillors Kevin Feltham - chairman, 2021-present, John Tillotson and Jane Tallett). Some 5 or 6 meetings are held each year in Kibworth Grammar School Hall with additional meetings called if necessary. Recommendations for financing cemetery projects are ratified at the following Kibworth Harcourt Parish Council public meeting and the joint work summarised at both parish council meetings.
The old records for the cemetery are kept at Wigston Record Office and more recent records are kept with the Parish Clerk.
Inside the Lychgate showing the original hand drawn bier.